It’s never too early to start planning for retirement. For individuals, the sooner you start setting money aside, the more comfortable you’ll be during this phase of your life. Unfortunately, many young professionals don’t think about beginning their retirement plans immediately upon entering the workforce, leaving them with fewer options when they ultimately retire.
For business owners, offering retirement plans as a part of your employee benefits package can draw strong talent to your company and offer an incentive for them to stay. Here at Pangea, our financial advisors can help you and your employees plan for retirement by offering our professional guidance on navigating the diversified options available that aid in building wealth and preserving investments for future use.
A holistic retirement plan by Pangea goes well beyond having the income to support retired living. Having a proper and comprehensive retirement plan will ensure that anyone who plans to retire will feel financially secure no matter what happens down the road.
How to Best Plan For Retirement
Your retirement plan, just like any other financial plan and strategy, should be unique to your circumstances and your goals. Whether you need to set up an individual retirement plan or run a company that would like to offer compelling employee benefits, our financial advisors at Pangea Financial Group are here to assist so you can feel financially empowered.
Employer-Based Retirement Plans
If you’re a business owner building a quality employee benefits package that will incentivize talent acquisition and retention, it needs to include a retirement plan. We can offer one the following solutions to your business’s employee benefits package and advise you on the most effective way to aid in your personnel retirement planning while also protecting your bottom line.
For individuals, you may hold one of these accounts through your employer, in which case we can optimize your returns or help you determine the right monthly contributions based upon your income and retirement goals.
- 401(K): This is a retirement savings account in which funds, often matched by your employer, are deducted from your paycheck each month and deposited into an account. These investments are not part of your taxable income and also possess significant tax breaks upon deposit or withdrawal.
- SEP IRA: A Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRA is an employer-based retirement plan in which your employer makes contributions to the account in order to avoid the complex government reporting requirements associated with other retirement plans. With a SEP IRA, account-holders have full control of the account and funds are taxed upon withdrawal.
- SIMPLE IRA: Designed for employers with fewer than 100 employees earning more than $5000/year, a Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE) IRA is similar to a 401(k) in that employees contribute to the account themselves through monthly paycheck deductions. Like a SEP IRA, employers can avoid the complex government reporting requirements common to other plans.
Individual Retirement Plans
These retirement plans are available for anyone wishing to invest in their own retirement account either in addition to their employer-based retirement plan or in lieu of them, as not everyone works for a company that offers these incentives. Our financial advisors can help you eliminate uncertainty through a combination of investment accounts and market strategies designed to help you achieve financial empowerment and freedom.
- IRA: An IRA is an account established through a financial institution that allows you to make monthly contributions that are not taxed until they are withdrawn upon retirement. The tax-deferment allows these funds to grow faster than if they were in a taxable account.
- Roth IRA: A Roth IRA is different from a traditional IRA in that you pay taxes when you contribute money to the account, but not upon withdrawal. These accounts are advantageous for those who believe they will be in a higher tax bracket upon retirement.
Pangea Can Help You Empower Your Livelihood
For Business Owners
If you’re a business owner seeking retirement plan options for your personnel, our team can review the packages you offer. Our financial advisors are here to help you understand which options are the most appealing for employees and financially feasible for your company budget.
If you’re an individual beginning your retirement planning, our expert financial advisors will work to maximize your assets and establish a plan for your retirement dollars that will ensure you are comfortable at this stage in your life, even throughout “what-if” scenarios. We can help you build a meticulously-planned, diversified portfolio that will protect your wealth, earn interest, and optimize your tax efficiency while relieving you of the stresses associated with not knowing where your money is going.
Pangea Financial Group is Your Financial Advisor for Life
Our financial advisors understand the complicated and fluctuating investment market and take the time to get to know each of our clients’ unique goals, income, lifestyle. We don’t offer a one-size-fits-all investment approach, as we believe your portfolio should reflect your needs and future life goals. With Pangea Financial Group on your side, we will empower your livelihood by holistically analyzing your current finances and employee benefits offerings, proactively eliminating uncertainty, and cultivating lifelong trust. Call us today to schedule an appointment with a member of our team and see how Pangea can help you live your most enjoyable, empowered life.